MBA - Aviation Management
- The global aviation and airport management industry is expanding rapidly, and this course is designed to equip you with the knowledge and experience you will need to establish your career in this area using the latest interactive teaching technologies, the programme covers a number of business, leadership and specialist areas. And the proximity of our campus to London Luton Airport means that you will have plenty of opportunities to enjoy a practical-based approach to your studies through work placements with airlines and related organisations.
- London Luton Airport is the fastest growing major airport in the UK with passenger numbers increasing from 12 million to 18 million per year. £110 million is being invested to transform its facilities by 2020 leading to more than 10,000 new jobs.
- It is expected that 40% of these new positions will be management, professional or skilled roles so this course places you in an ideal position for these jobs and an exciting career in airport and aviation management In line with the Business School’s commitment to practice based education and research informed teaching most of your assessments will focus on the demonstration of these two key areas as they are pivotal to your success within the Aviation and Airport industry.
- We will want to see that you understand the theory and have developed critical thinking skills which help you evaluate the relevance of what you have learned to assess this range of integration of theory and skills into sound practice, we use a variety of methods.
- You will encounter many different kinds, including the ones listed below, some of which are used in combination, and for example a report might be required as an outcome of a time-limited assessment task. Reports: you analyse Aviation and Airport problems and propose solutions.